Monday 19 April 2010

We've got talent

Morning all, Bobby here.

Back to work for mummy today so Amy and I decided to let her sleep last night. We gave her a wake-up call at 5:15 this morning - it's a bit too early for us but I think mummy is happy we wake her up as she always gets straight up when we call and lets us have a run in the garden.

We had a really nice weekend, apart from getting in trouble for chasing a bus (sorry, mum!). Amy practised her front crawl while chasing after some geese - I would have helped her out but I don't like to get my blonde curls wet; and I was very good at the field near Belsize Avenue when I was off lead and I didn't run away once! We have to let mummy think she is in control and she is "top dog", or she gets a bit grumpy with us. We also had a walk around where we used to live and Amy took a dip in the stinky bog so she had to have a bath, but mummy wasn't cross... she just laughed when Ames came out looking like a mud monster! Phew!

On Saturday night we had a couch potato night on the sofa watching 'Over The Rainbow' and 'Britain's Got Talent'. I think I'm going to have to stop mummy watching these programmes. I like the singing and the dancing that the human people do (though mummy cries sometimes when the little humans sing), but it's these show-off dogs. I mean, c'mon, dogs aren't meant to perform on command! Ok, ok, we sit when mummy tells us, and we lie down, and we stay... but dance? No, siree! Not me. Amy does a bit, but she's a girl [I'm a princess, Bobby!! Ax].

The Toto wannabes are something else... acting, dancing... pah! I'm not impressed. And the mutts trying to win over Simon, Amanda and Piers - don't they know human peoples work for us, not the other way around?

These performing hounds are letting the rest of us canine types down. Mummy loves watching the waltzing Weiners and breakdancing Bassets - she laughs at them and says how clever she thinks they are. She even says, sometimes, 'why can't you two do things like that?'. Why? I'll tell you why! Because we are DOGS! Not performing monkeys.



We are proper dogs. We like walks and toys and treats and chewing things and barking. Oh, and we like cuddles. But that's a dog thing, right?!

These performing pooches are making the human people think we could be cleverer. I am clever! Amy, she's not... she's a girl. But I'm a smart dog! I know that if I'm chewing something I shouldn't be that if I put it in Amy's bed then she will get in trouble for it. I know that if I cry mummy will take pity on me and let me sit beside her on the sofa. I know that looking up at mummy with watery eyes makes her think something is wrong and I get lots of cuddles (they taught me this at the RSPCA). I know how to work the human people!

Dogs of the world, we need to put a stop to all these dancing Daschunds showing us up. Next time 'Britain's Got Talent' comes on, or those Toto wannabes grace the box in the corner, take a stand and go and sit in front of the box!

Or, do like we do and sulk while mummy swoons over the "clever" dogs...

B

1 comment: